All OFGH staff are committed to the well being, (and) healthy growth and development of each person placed in our communityhomes. This is evident in our successful nutritional and recreational programs, behaviour management strategies, community integration and many of our client’s successful achievements in their goals, dreams and wellness.
All staff are trained in the following areas:
- Behaviour Management
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Cultural awareness training
- Management of Mental Health Issues
- Treatment planning and implementation
- Cognitive Behavioural Approach
- UMAB (Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour)
- Crisis intervention/prevention
- Understanding of persons and families with complex care needs
- Policy and Procedures
- Aspects of confidentiality
- First Aid and CPR
- Emergency (fire, evacuation etc.) procedures
- Medication Administration
- Development of individualized Care and Support plans
- Quality Assurance and Accountability
Our people are committed and passionate about their support work and care for our clients and families.
They have a minimum college diploma in the related field and go through a rigorous background check and positive reference validations.
Aside from our standard in-depth training we provide, our teams are aware of the fundamentals of values in providing environments that enhance:
- Sense of “Belonging”
- Positive “Beliefs” in themselves and their capabilities
- “Becoming” valued members in all aspects of their community participation and day to day living goals and their dreams.
Our staff teams have a history of positive partnerships and working collectively with outside resources, agencies, schools, health professionals, etc. to offer all our individuals access to added support in their treatment needs and achieving their goals.
We believe, with the right supports, our programs help each individual with developing life skills and independence in certain aspects of their life.
We are committed and understand the time, effort, creativity and diplomacy often required to ensure the best possible care for our clients and families.
We have extensive intake review package to help ensure that we can meet our clients needs and plan for any essential aspects needed that is unique to each individual.
We have individualized care plans developed by a registered Behavioural Therapist who works closely with our staff teams.
We offer nurturing, caring environments that support all our clients with the opportunity to be themselves while we collectively support them to achieve their potential.
We focus on the emotional, physical, spiritual, social, intellectual, sensory and occupational wellness of each individual.
We offer a “choice model” environment where individual are given the opportunity to play a key role in their development, wellness and the provision of their services and care.